MORE FUN STUFF
TV Video Store
Comebacks and Insults - Especially for Kids. Well....and for those who aren't kids.
If you have some that you especially like and you don't see it here. Drop us an email.
- You were one of the first to get a brain, before they were perfected.
- But you did get a brain that day. The problem is that you should have asked for one to go.
- You got your brain very early. Apparently the warranty has run out.
- When they were handing out brains you arrived too late, all you got was a rain check.
- They just ran out of brains by the time you got there, so they gave you a nice wood carving instead.
- When they were handing out brains, you were the first in the queue, and held the door open for the rest of us.
- You didn't get a brain that day either. They were only handing them out to people who would use them
- You got your brain first when they were handing them out in alphabetical order, A for "Aardvark"
Is that your face ?. . . .
- Your face looks like you've been using it as a doorstop.
- Your face would not only stop a door, but also most clocks and a herd of charging buffalo.
- If your face had "Welcome" written on it, it would make a perfect doormat.
- If you put your face by a door, no one would ever come in.
- Your face is such a mess, you must stop using it to hammer in nails.
- Your face doesn't look like a doorstep, it looks like the door just kept going.
- Your face is such a mess, you should stop reading before slamming the book shut.
- Your face is such a mess, why don't you get your dog something different to chew on ?
- Your face is such a mess, when you practice diving why don't you make sure the pool has water in next time.
- Your face is very becoming. I's becoming more and more ugly every time I see it.
When they gave out...
- When they were giving out heads, you thought they said beds, and you said "I'd like something soft"
- When they were giving out brains, you thought they said grains, and you said "Make mine oatmeal"
- When they were giving out noses, you thought they said roses, and you said "Give me a big red one"
- When they were giving out heads, you thought they said sheds, and you said "I'd like a nice big wooden one"
- When they were giving out looks, you thought they said books, and you said "Give me something funny"
- When they were giving out brains, you thought they said canes, and you said "I won't need one of those"
- When they were giving out noses, you thought they said hoses, and you said "I don't mind if mine drips a little bit"
- When they were giving out faces, you thought they said cases, and you said "I'd like one made of leather"
- When they were giving out heads, you thought they said breads, and you said "I'd like mine nice and doughy"
- If I said anything to offend you it was purely intentional.
- You don't have to say anything. You offend me just by being in the area.
- I don't take it personally. Every time you open your mouth you offend someone.
- Well, you probably said it without thinking, the way you do most things.
- Don't worry about it. I've never listened to a thing you've said since the day I met you.
- Nothing you could say could offend me. I only get offended by things that make sense.
- I'm not offended by what you say. I'm just glad that you're stringing words into sentences now.
- It's not what you say, it's the thought behind it that counts, and I know there's never any thought behind anything you say.
- I wouldn't get angry at you today. It's "Be kind to Animals" week.
You look familiar.......
- You look familiar, did I see you in the zoo parade ?
- I think you may have seen me at the zoo, I was the one who was feeding you peanuts.
- I understand that's Animal Magic is your favorite show because so many of your relatives are on it.
- I know your trying to insult me, but I know you like me. I can see your tail wagging.
- That's funny you calling me an animal, and it's you that has the webbed feet.
- You look familiar too, but that's not surprising, I collect bugs for a hobby.
- You look familiar too, have I ever seen you hanging by the tail from the tree in my garden ?
- Didn't I dissect you in a biology class one time ?
Giant Book of Put-Downs, Insults & Excuses
by Maureen Kushner, Joseph Resenbloom, Joseph Rosenbloom
Stick Up for Yourself : Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power & Positive Self-Esteem
by Gershen Kaufman, et al
How to Handle Bullies, Teasers and Other Meanies: A Book That Takes the Nuisance Out of Name Calling and Other Nonsense
by Kate Cohen-Posey, Betsy A. Lampe (Illustrator)
Words Will Never Hurt Me: Helping Kids Handle Teasing, Bullying and Putdowns
by Sally Northway Ogden (Illustrator), Margaret Smith (Editor)
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Last Updated April 1, 2013
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.