Wit and Wisdom Jokes >
Truism (troo'iz'm) n. A statement the truth of which is obvious or well known; commonplace.
When many people think of truisms, they think of Jenny Holzer (Born 1950 in Gallipolis, Ohio. Lives and works in Hoosick, New York.). We have comingled many statements that are attributed to her with our own.
- A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
- A little knowledge can go a long way (JH)
- A lot of professionals are crackpots (JH)
- A man can't know what it is to be a mother (JH)
- A name means a lot just by itself (JH)
- A positive attitude means all the difference in the world (JH)
- A relaxed man is not necessarily a better man (JH)
- A sense of timing is the mark of genius (JH)
- A sincere effort is all you can ask (JH)
- A single event can have infinitely many interpretations (JH)
- A solid home base builds a sense of self (JH)
- A strong sense of duty can imprison you (JH)
- Absolute submission can be a form of freedom (JH)
- Abuse of power comes as no surprise (JH)
- Action causes more trouble than thought (JH)
- Alienation produces eccentrics or revolutionaries (JH)
- All progress is based on a universal innate desire on the part of every organization to live beyond its income.
- All things are delicately interconnected (JH)
- Ambition is just as dangerous as complacency (JH)
- Ambivalence can ruin your life (JH)
- An elite is inevitable (JH)
- Anger or hate can be a useful motivating force (JH)
- Artificial desires are despoiling the earth (JH)
- At times inactivity is preferable to mindless functioning (JH)
- Being happy is more important than anything else (JH)
- Boredom makes you do crazy things (JH)
- Calm is more conductive to creativity than is anxiety (JH)
- Categorizing fear is calming (JH)
- Change is valuable when the oppressed become tyrants (JH)
- Children are the hope of the future (JH)
- Class structure is as artificial as plastic (JH)
- Decency is a relative thing (JH)
- Deviants are sacrificed to increase group solidarity (JH)
- Disorganization is a kind of anesthesia (JH)
- Drama often obscures the real issues (JH)
- Dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective (JH)
- Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines
- Emotional responses ar as valuable as intellectual responses (JH)
- Even your family can betray you (JH)
- Every achievement requires a sacrifice (JH)
- Everyone's work is equally important (JH)
- Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
- Fake or real indifference is a powerful personal weapon (JH)
- Fear is the greatest incapacitator (JH)
- Go all out in romance and let the chips fall where they may (JH)
- Going with the flow is soothing but risky (JH)
- He who hesitates is last.
- Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of a woman scorned.
- Ideals are replaced by conventional goals at a certain age (JH)
- Ignoring enemies is the best way to fight (JH)
- Inside every large problem there is a small problem struggling to get out.
- It can be helpful to keep going no matter what (JH)
- It's always the wrong time of the month.
- It's better to be a good person than a famous person (JH)
- It's better to be naive than jaded (JH)
- It's good to give extra money to charity (JH)
- Just believing something can make it happen (JH)
- Justice always prevails....three times out of seven.
- Keep something in reserve for emergencies (JH)
- Knowing yourself lets you understand others (JH)
- Listen when your body talks (JH)
- Manual labor can be refreshing and wholesome (JH)
- Most jobs are marginally better than daytime TV.
- Mostly you should mind your own business (JH)
- Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.
- People are not in touch with reality, if they think they are important (JH)
- Politics is used for personal gain (JH)
- Potential counts for nothing until it's realized (JH)
- Pursuing pleasure for the sake of pleasure will ruin you (JH)
- Push yourself to the limit as often as possible (JH)
- Salvation can't be bought and sold (JH)
- Selflessness is the highest achievement (JH)
- Sex differences are here to stay (JH)
- Talking is used to hide one's inability to act (JH)
- The cruelest disappointment is when you let yourself down (JH)
- The grass is brown on both sides of the fence.
- The longer the title the less important the job.
- The most profound things are inexpressible (JH)
- The new is nothing but a restatement of the old (JH)
- The sum of your actions determines what you are (JH)
- The trouble with most jobs is the resemblance to being in a dog sled team. No one gets a change of scenery, except the lead dog.
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research
an error has been detected and corrected, it will be found to have been correct
in the first place.
- When something terrible happens people wake up (JH)
- Wishing things away is not effective (JH)
- With perseverance you can discover any truth (JH)
- Worrying can help you prepare (JH)
- You can't expect people to be something they're not (JH)
- You can't fool others if you're fooling yourself (JH)
- You don't know what's what until you support yourself (JH)
- You owe the world not the other way around
Search the Internet with Google !!
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated April 1, 2013
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.