Chicken jokes are some of the most silly and funniest jokes around. Everyone I know started telling these as a kid. Who hasn’t heard the “Why did the chicken cross the road?” type of jokes. And these jokes are a great way to bond with your kids and see how they learn about humor.
Without further ado, here are our favorite chicken jokes.
The Most Hilarious Chicken Jokes
One Liner and Short Chicken Jokes
What do you call the outside of a hand green-egg?
Did you hear about the chicken that ONLY laid eggs in the winter?
She was not a spring chicken!
What does an alarm cluck say?
What do you call a mischievous egg?
A practical yolk-er!
Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Because if had four doors it would be a chicken sedan!
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side!
What did one chicken say to the other after they walked through poison ivy?
“You scratch my beak and I’ll scratch yours!”
How long do chickens work?
Around the cluck!
Related: Hilarious Unicorn Jokes
Why did the chicken cross the road half way?
He wanted to lay it on the line!
What do chicken families do on Saturday afternoon?
They go on peck-nics!
What day do chickens hate the most?
Why did the chick disappoint his mother?
He wasn’t what he was cracked up to be!
Is chicken soup good for your health?
Not if you’re the chicken!
Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide!
Why did the turkey cross the road?
To prove he wasn’t chicken!
Why did the rooster cross the road?
To cock-a-doodle do something!
Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
He heard the referee calling fowls.
Why is it easy for chicks to talk?
Because talk is cheep!
What do you get when you cross a chicken with a duck?
A bird that lays down!
What do you call a rooster who wakes you up at the same time every morning?
An alarm cluck!
Why don’t chickens like people?
They beat eggs!
Why did the rooster run away?
He was chicken!
What happened when the chicken ate cement?
She laid a sidewalk!
What did the chicken do when he saw a bucket of fried chicken?
She kicked the bucket!
What do you call a crazy chicken?
A cuckoo cluck!
Why did the horse cross the road?
Because the chicken needed a day off.
Why did the cow cross the road?
To get to the udder side!
Why did the chicken end up in the soup?
Because it ran out of cluck!
What do chickens serve at birthday parties?
Related: Funniest Jokes about Animals “Crossing the Road”
What do you get when a chicken lays an egg on top of a barn?
An egg roll!
Why did the chicken cross the road, roll in the mud and cross the road again?
Because he was a dirty double-crosser!
Why didn’t the chicken skeleton cross the road?
Because he didn’t have enough guts!
What happened to the chicken whose feathers were all pointing the wrong way?
She was tickled to death!
What do chickens grow on?
Related: The funniest elephant jokes
Why did the chicken cross the “net”?
It wanted to get to the other site!
Which day of the week do chickens hate most?
What happens when you drop a hand gren-egg?
Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
Because chickens hadn’t evolved yet.
Why did the turtle cross the road?
To get to the shell station.
Why did the chewing gum cross the road?
Because it was stuck to the chicken!
What happened when the chicken slept under the car?
She woke up oily next morning
Why Did a Chicken Go to Burger King?
To see a chicken strip
Related: The Best Goat Jokes
Hilarious answers to the classic question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
- KINDERGARTEN TEACHER: To get to the other side.
- LOUISE WOODWARD: Because it wouldn’t shut up!! SHUT UP!!
- BARRY SCHECK: Were you there? WERE YOU?? Did you see that chicken cross that road? Well?? DID YOU???
- O.J. SIMPSON: Absolutely one-hundred percent unsure.
- RONALD REAGAN: I forget.
- RICHARD M. NIXON: The chicken did not cross the road. I repeat, the chicken did NOT cross the road.
- HOMER SIMPSON: Mmmmmm. Chicken.
- JERRY SEINFELD: Why does anyone cross a road? I mean, why doesn’t anyone ever think to ask, “What the heck was this chicken doing walking around all over the place, anyway?”
- BILL GATES: I have just released the new Chicken Office 2001, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook.
- OLIVER STONE: The question is not, “Why did the chicken cross the road?” Rather, it is, “Who was crossing the road at the same time, whom we overlooked in our haste to observe the chicken crossing?”
- COLONEL SANDERS: I missed one?
Also see the funniest bird jokes
My name is Jay and I started this website to share my love of jokes, humor, comedy clubs, and comedians, including the up and coming ones you need to know about! Please feel to send me your suggestions and feedback through the contact form.